Friday, December 19, 2008

December 19, 2008

Hi everyone, just a quick note to say hello, Happy Holidays, and that I am well in Banyo. I just passed my three month mark now in Cameroon! I think the most difficult months of adjusting may be over so that is good. I have been in Banyo now for one week and have successfully gotten the water and electricity on and arranged for my french/fulfulde classes to begin. I also was introduced to the hospital staff yesterday and was able to hook up with the vaccination campaign that was going on in Banyo this week so things are moving! I was "fixed" for two days at the hospital doing vaccinations (polio drops, DTP, tuberculosis, Vitamin A drops, de-worming pills, measles, tetanus for pregeant women) and then spent the last two days doing door to door in the neighborhoods which is exhausting but very interesting.

I will write more soon and post photos of my house and Banyo then as well. Happy Holidays to all! I will be spending it with the missionary families here in Banyo but will be missing you all very much. Eat a Christmas cookie for me and enjoy those holiday parties! love, Anna xoxo

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Joyeux Noel, Anna!

Are you actually administering the vaccinations? I'm picturing you walking door to door with a backpack full of syringes. Are people expecting you? It would be interesting for sure. Imagine it in the U.S. to have someone ring my doorbell and say they're here on behalf of Dean clinic to give me a tetanus shot--you can bet I wouldn't let them!
It must be neat to see the different types of homes people have and the family members living together.

Perhaps not a Christmas cookie, but I hope the missionaries have some special food to celebrate Christmas. I will do my part and have a glass of wine for you. ;)

Happy New Year, too!

Sarah

Gail said...

So very glad someone will be with you on Christmas...even if they are complete strangers! They won't be for long. Hope you didn't pick up polio or worms from any of the little kids. :) Still snowing here. Hard to imagine how hot you must be! Love to you, Mom OXOXOO